Pest Prevention Tips:
- Do not accumulate trash or debris on your property.
- Always cover or seal trash tightly.
- Seal all possible pest entry points.
- Check for and remove structural damage such as moisture-damaged wood. Water damage can cause weak spots in the roof causing animals to enter through the weakened area.
- Repair damaged windows and screens.
- Keep gutters clean.
- Keep all areas clean where food is prepared, stored or served. Do not leave of crumbs and grease.
- Carefully check for pests in furniture, boxes, paper and other items brought into your home.
- Consider chimney caps or wire mesh to cover. Chimneys are quite often the location of squirrels, raccoons and birds since it is the largest opening for your home.